Trying new dishes is the best past-time hobby for mums and kitchen sorceress ladies.
Would you mind trying Boston Rolls???
Team IU always brings you the easiest awesome recipes to try at home.
So, this time we are here with an amazing recipe: Boston Sushi rolls.
You can make them easily without too much expertise, having simple kitchen tools, and easy-available spice ingredients.
What is A Boston Roll?
Boston Rolls, also called as Sushi Boston Rolls are a resembling recipe to California rolls with little variation of ingredients.
- California Rolls have imitation crabs in it.
- Poached shrimp is used in Boston Rolls.
The most interesting fact about Boston Roll is,
Boston rolls are made with sushi, yet without salmon or any other fish.
1. Boston Roll Taste:
You don’t get chillier and spicier dishes in Japanese food.
However, not here.
The Boston roll has the rarest spiciest flavor of all and can be added to dinners, brunches, snacks, and special meals.
2. Boston Roll Nutrition:
Boston Rolls can be made with plenty of ingredient variations such as:
Crabs, Salmons (not shrimps), and Tobiko sprinkling for crunchier topping and addition in the flavor.
Vegetables like cucumber and wasabi while fruits like avocado are also added to make taste assorted yet better.
Therefore, the nutritional content of Boston Rolls is much higher than you think:
Such as: one roll of 249 gram has the following nutritional content:
|Vitamins A and C||3, 9 % respectively|
Being made with nutrition-rich content, its calorie content is so rich.
How to make Boston Rolls?
Here is the easiest yet zesting recipe of Boston Roll:
Total ingredients: 7
Total cooking time: 40 to 44 minutes
- Plastic sheet,
- bamboo mat
(you can also use a nonstick mat in place of these gears)
- A handful of vinegar rice
- 2/3 cup Sushi rice
- 1/2 Avocado
- 10 medium-size Shrimp
- 1/2 Cucumber
For garnishing and topping:
- 2-4 tsp Masago or tobiko or ikura; three roes with a slight difference in taste and texture
3. Recipe processing:
Instead of giving you a para to skim, here are some short and easy steps you can follow:
- Spread your nonstick mat,
If you are using bamboo mat, spread a plastic sheet on it to make it less sticky
- Cut nori sheet in half and place it on the mat with shiny side below (facing the mat)
- Place vinegar rice on the sheet.
Let there be fluff instead of pressing hard
- Take one spoon of roes (tobiko, masago, or ikura) and sprinkle on the rice-spread
- Flip Nori sheet and let the rice go in the tray
- On the nori sheet, place shrimps, cucumbers, avocados, layer by layer
- Squeeze lemon on the top as per taste or just a few drops
- Start rolling
Be extremely patient when doing so that you get perfect rolls ready
- Once done, cut them into pieces
Your maki rolls are already sparkling.
However, now for more entertainment; serve rolls with:
- Pleasurable dips of Soya sauce
- Wasabi and garlic pickle
Try it out and let us know, how do you like them.
Do not forget to visit our blog for tasty recipes of bread, rolls, and authentic information on spices.