Your skin says everything about your health, lifestyle, and even meal intake. Would you wonder if we tell whatever you do simply affects your face in any way, positive or negative?
It’s a fact! In the case of meager hygiene conditions, elevated stress, bad lifestyle, and poor diet, your body outcries so that you get back to change it.
This is when your skin shows signs, and a Sallow Skin tone appears on your epidermis
What Is Sallow Skin?
Sallow skin is not an undertone or even a natural tone but a skin condition in which your skin appears different from its original complexion.
Sallow Complexion / Tone:
You may not notice the signs of sallow complexion at the start, but with time, you will find your face is losing its freshness, natural glow and looks tired and even saggy all the time.
Also, when sallow skin condition hits, the layer on the outermost part of your face appears brown or yellow.
- Sallow skin appears Brown or Tan in olive skin tone. Learn all about what is olive skin tone in the defined guide.
- Sallow skin appears Pale or Yellow on fair and pink skin tones. The veins on your arm can identify your skin tone.
How To Know If You Have Sallow Skin?
Here are some ways by using which you can identify if you have sallow skin.
1. Check Your Face In The Mirror:
To recognize if there is sallowness in your skin, you need a mirror and proper light.
- Your skin looks dull, tired, and swollen
- Your skin has tan or yellow blemishes
- Your skin tone is different from its natural tone
- Your skin is two-toned
If any or all of these four conditions, you may have skin sallowness.
Remember: Sallow skin doesn’t mean acne or scars appearing on your face. It simply means your skin has lost its naturalness.
2. Match Your Skin with the following images:
Here are some pictures, taken from authentic sources, like doctors and patients, to let you identify the appearance of sallow skin:
These pictures show the brownish or yellowish tones and swelling that appeared on the faces of the people suffering from sallow skin conditions.
We’re providing it aiming to help you identify properly how does sallow skin look like:
Remember: On the internet, you can find plenty of pictures targeting what does sallow skin looks like. However, not all of these pictures are authentic or true. So don’t trust every picture you see to feel tensed about your skin.
3. Get Examined By An Expert: (Optional):
You may skip this point if you have confirmed your skin tone. However, if you have a hard time understanding if your skin is sallow or aged, go to a dermatologist.
They will apply some tests, ask you some questions and give you a proper answer about your skin condition.
Remember: You should be persistent and check your skin for any changes on a regular basis to hack the issues at the start. If you can afford, monthly checkups can help a lot.
Once you are confirmed, conditions appearing on your skin relates to sallowness, you will have to move to the next thing to do, to help retreat your sallow skin.
Why Your Skin is getting yellow, tan, or losing its natural complexion?
Here are some causes explained:
Before you go into deep discussion, remember; You may have to change the way you live your life. It would help if you transformed your diet, your sleeping routine, and your overall routine schedule.
Why? Let’s read a little more to know the answers.
Sallow Skin Causes and Triggers:
1. Hiding Sallow Skin with Makeup:
If there are blemishes on your skin and you try to hide them from makeup, it is a good thing for a limited period; however, it is not an option for the long run.
When you hide sallow skin with makeup, you get used to living with the condition. This thing damages your skin, even more when time passes.
How to heal Sallow skin Permanently?
Hide your flaws through makeup outdoors, and after coming home, follow a good skincare routine. Such as:
- Cleanse skin with a good cleanser regularly
- Use toner
- Exfoliate with facial cleaners on a regular basis
- And always choose makeup without irritant-additives.
2. Poor Lifestyle Habits:
Though, from the past some years, skin awareness has increased. However, still, there’s a lot more to do. Two types of lifestyle habits affect the skin and its health.
- Use of cheap products:
When instead of buying good skincare products, people try to find cheap solutions for whitening and skin clearance, then the skin starts looking fine for a limited time.
But in the long run, the skin’s outermost layer, we call dermis, gets damaged. Such creams and makeup products never let the skin breathe. Hence, it starts getting dry, dull, and tired.
- Use of wrong products:
On the other hand, when instead of using products made for your skin type solely, people buy things without understanding the need of the time. Such as, instead of choosing a toner, they get just a cleanser.
How to Choose Makeup for Sallow Skin?
- Try to buy makeup, less but from good companies, especially foundations.
- Try to buy products according to your skin and do not skip using them.
- If going through a severe Sallow Skin condition, instead of hiding it with makeup, go for permanent solutions.
- Always clean makeup before you go to sleep to let your skin breathe during the night and keep from issues like dull, sallow skin and tired eyes due to allergic shiners.
Believe it or not, none of us completes our water intake. We drink water only when our throat feels dry or thirsty. But what if our skin is thirsty?
Long hours sitting in offices and at work don’t let us feel thirsty more often because we are spending our day without moving our bodies.
Hence, our daily water consumption becomes lower and lower, and we remain unable to drink the recommended 8 glasses of fresh water every day.
When we don’t feel like drinking water, our skin starts showing signs that it is thirsty, that we call, in other words, dehydrated.
As a result, this continuous dehydration becomes a cause of Sallow Skin.
How to Keep Skin From Dehydration?
- Drink eight glass of freshwater a day
Smoothies, juices, and flavored drinks don’t serve your body as water does. However, quartz crystals can enhance the purity of water to influence your skin better. So, let your skin heal with natural quartz water.
- Decrease liquid consumption for caffeinated, carbonated, or alcoholic beverages and move to drinking healthy drinks.
- Splash water on your face thrice a day, and don’t forget to put a good moisturizer afterward.
- Exfoliate your skin routinely at home.
- At night, let your skin breathe, so instead of applying creams and lotions that will block your skin’s breathing pores, try to spray water from time to time before you sleep to keep it hydrated.
Remember, hydrating your skin doesn’t just associate with water intake but also its consumption directly on the skin.
4. Stress and Anxiety:
Stress is the biggest cause of skin problems. Ever heard the quote, “happy girls are prettiest”? It’s a fact. If you are stressed about your skin condition, don’t be as it will do NOTHING except worsening the issue.
Stress and anxiety come hand in hand, and there can be various causes of stress apart from your skin. Make your mind believe that stressing over an issue is not an option.
Remember, stress doesn’t damage you outward, but it damages your inner beauty too. It makes you the most negative person on earth…
So, you will have to find ways of coping with stress for the sake of your inner and outer beauty:
- Try to meditate or do yoga every evening once you are free of all chores
- Stop overthinking and keep your brain busy with books and movies
- Have a company of good friends who cheer you up in the true sense
- Think about good things.
- Always revise in your head, YOLO.
Apart from these reasons, there also can be underlying medical conditions behind Sallow skin. In the net lines, we will be discussing those points:
Insomniacs always have a hard time sleeping but have you ever noticed the things this lack of sleep causing on your skin?
Insomnia is a condition in which a person has a hard time sleeping. They keep struggling on their beds for sleeping but take hours to finally fall asleep.
This thing causes swelling in the eyes and puffiness on the face, which becomes a cause of sallow skin in the long run.
Do you know research says, when you are sleeping, you are actually reducing fat as your body burns more calories when you soundly sleep for hours?
How To Keep From Sleeping Disorders For Fresh Skin?
- Take a bath before going to bed
- Have a head massage before sleeping
- Use comfortable pillows
- Sleep in the proper posture to keep from sleep apnea
- Stop taking the phone and other devices to the bed.
7. Vitamin Deficiency
While aiming to reduce fat, we cut food items from our meals. By doing so, maybe we’re inducing sallow skin to appear. How?
Most of the time, when reducing weight, we also lop the necessary vitamins and nutrients to cut down calorie intake.
When the vitamin intake gets low, the skin gets starved and starts showing signs like sallow skin.
Which Vitamins Help the Skin To Remain Healthy?
Vitamin C is the most necessary for your skin to enhance its shield against contaminants in the environment. It keeps skin cleaned against dark spots.
Besides this, vitamin K, E, B12, and A are much important for your skin to get rid of sallow skin.
How to Reduce Vitamin Deficiency Causing Sallow Skin?
- Eat more fruits and greens that are rich in vita-nutrients.
- To keep from fat and weight, reduce meat intake.
- If the deficiency is severe, do not forget taking vitamin supplements regularly
This thing will not just improve your facial tone and complexion but will also help you to fight against mood swings and depression.
8. Excessive Tobacco Intake:
Do you know tobacco accelerates the aging process? On a factual basis, regular nicotine intake diminishes the layer of collagen on your skin and makes it thin with each passing day.
It also makes your skin deprived of oxygen, resulting in dryness, itchiness, and sallowness. Therefore, you will have to reduce the involvement of Nicotine in your food in any way.
How to keep your skin from thinning, sagging, and sallow?
- Stop smoking; it is injurious to health as well as skin
- Stop taking tea after lunch as it also causes the skin to get dry
- Try to reduce your coffee intake
Before ending, you also need to know that the sallow skin issue is not associated with your age.
9. Sallow Skin Conditions Aren’t Associated with Age:
Many people may attach it with age or consider it a sign of aging, but it is Nothing but a mere myth.
Remember, the pale complexion is not a matter of age in any direct way.
You may consider, your skin is the part of your body that tans, wrinkles, or sags with age. But do you know, your skin is changing from the day you were born?
It is true! “After each month, your skin sheds old cells and creates new ones.”
A Healthy Face Tip: You will have to make your skin bring healthy and vigorous cells to fight healthily against contaminants and pollutants in the environment.
Age can be a sallow skin stimulus because your derma starts losing its natural moisture, strength, and elasticity with time, which results in thinness and wrinkles.
As a whole, your skin looks dull, dry, and damaged, if not taken care of properly, just like it happens in the pale skin tone.
Nothing is cureless if you try with all your heart and put into all the necessary efforts. If your skin appears sallow, pale, or brown in tone, you should take action against it just now.
In a nutshell, become your skin’s best friend and just give it enough water and oxygen. For this, try to change your way of living, eat healthy, sleep peacefully